Monday, October 27, 2014

Following up with Scary Movie Month

The Shining- I think I was in the wrong mood for this when I watched it, because I was so expecting it to be like the book in ways it wasn't, and prepared for it to be different in ways that stayed the same. I'm thinking of making February Stephen King themed, so maybe I'll revisit it then.

Psycho- I loved it, even though I had seen most of the "important" scenes. I couldn't get over how much Anthony Perkins looked like Andrew Garfield though.


Cabin in the Woods- I thought it was absolutely perfect in maintaining a level of seriousness while still being a parody/ on horror movies. Online people keep calling it a horror-spoof, but I think that makes it sound goofier than it was.

Warm Bodies- New favorite popcorn flick. So cute, so fun, and highly underrated. Zombie boy falls in love with girl, which is the cure for zombie-ism.


The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- This is the biggest loser of the list. I have never been so aware of how excluded I was from an audience. The answer to every stupid question in this movie: because male-gaze. Why did Jessica Biel have her shirt tied up the whole movie? How did it stay so white and crisp? Why did Leatherface turn on the sprinkler system and get her wet?

Scream 4- I watched the first one a long time ago and had forgotten how awesome this series was. Why is it so difficult to make bad-ass women in horror? Why is it so exciting when we get characters like Sidney Prescott? This was a really great chaser after Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and hopefully the first 3 stay on Netflix after Halloween so I can watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment