Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

This blog is a shout out to Maggie, who is about to experience her first ever John Green assault on her emotions. If anyone has read John Green, you know what I mean- he likes to change direction in his story, and sometimes people could use some warning. But, she hasn't gotten quite there yet, and while I live vicariously through her reading it, I decided to pick out some of my favorite quotes.

“I told Augustus the broad outline of my miracle: diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer when I was thirteen. (I didn’t tell him that the diagnosis came three months after I got my first period. Like: Congratulations! You’re a woman. Now die.)” 


“Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” 


“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” 


“You are so busy being YOU that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.” 


“The real heroes anyway aren't the people doing things; the real heroes are the people NOTICING things, paying attention.” 





I believe in John Green books.





No comments:

Post a Comment