Monday, June 11, 2012

Short Term Happiness

I've been going through "The Book of Awesome", trying to get myself out of this funk I'm in. While I was in Europe, there were so many things I realized I took for granted- peanut butter, water fountains, public bathrooms. But here I am, back home, still being grumpy.

I decided to make a list of all the things that make me happy- short term. Too long, I've relied on others for my happiness, and my summer resolution is to take control and be responsible for my own emotions and feelings.

So.


  • Flowers make me happy. But not carnations.
  • Reading makes me happy. Even when I think the characters are annoying.
  • Blogging makes me happy.
  • Talking to family makes me happy (this might be a long term though)
  • Watching familiar TV shows make me happy. Seth and Ryan, Veronica and Logan, Ted and Barney- my easy access, consistent, and always agreeable friends. 
  • Hearing guitar makes me happy
  • My dog makes me happy
  • Knitting makes me...complacent. 
  • Making cookies makes me happy.
  • Painting my nails makes me happy (and feel accomplished!)
  • Sending letters makes me happy


So, there they are. They may not change my attitude towards life, but they can save me from a grouchy day.

I believe in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment