Sunday, November 2, 2014

3 Things about this Weekend

1. Getting Excited about Adult Things- According to my timehop, last year I was excited because Clint Eastwood called me to remind me to vote. This year, I'm excited because one of the three carports open at my building is directly across from my door. Instead of $5 pitchers at Eastland Inn four times a month, I will be indulging in parking my car under a roof.

Other exciting things? Being able to put nails in my walls, buying a pet plant (which still needs a name), having family that helps move heavy furniture, living near multiple grocery stores, having a dishwasher, and getting 12 channels with my dad's wire antennae. Also, buying a new lamp was a pretty big deal.

2. Being Anxious about Adult Things- There is so much space in this apartment! I know that this is a luxury anxiety, but you could actually live in my closet (which also means murderers can lurk in there). Cooking is also very scary to me. Not the actual cooking part, but the part where I have to make responsible nutritious choices and plan ahead. Also, I haven't been overwhelmed with loneliness, but I worry about getting lonely. Usually it happens when I look at the clock thinking it's almost bedtime, but it's 6 o'clock and I still have lots of day to do something with. Yesterday I went to Kmart and Marc's and just wandered around for a while. Tonight, I'm organizing my planner and making a budget.

3. Having Basic Comforts in Adult Life- I don't care how bad the finale was, How I Met Your Mother will always be the security blanket of tv shows and having it on while I'm nesting is a Good Thing. Also, my literal security blanket (my fuzzy pink blanket I've had since freshman year) has been equally great-- especially since my apartment smells like paint, so I have to leave the porch door open and it's freezing. I'm also super happy with my shower. When I was struggling to adjust to college, Barbara told me that sometimes a warm shower is all you need to calm down and feel better. So I have everything I need to manage this!

Bonus: I am currently living 12 minutes away from my roommate's mom, and she comes up to visit her on the weekends, so it's not even like I'm starting new! Becca came over yesterday so I didn't have to sit alone all night, and she just called to check in on me and make lunch plans or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment