Monday, November 3, 2014

Case of the Mondays

1. Finding a Bug on my Thermostat-- Bugs do not belong places I put my finger. Bugs do not belong anywhere in my space. There was only one, but now I'm paranoid that I'll find more.

2. Being Denied a Library Card-- In Berea, all I had to do was ask nicely and they gave me a library card. In Youngstown, they demand a photo ID proving my residency. The lady at the desk got me so flustered (she was very pushy about what kind of ID I could use and was totally skeptical when I said I didn't have any of her options since I had only moved two days ago. No, lady, I am not trying to con my way to a free library card) that I ended up walking out of the library after we ended our super uncomfortable conversation. Then once I got to my car, I realized that I could have stayed just to see the library and sit, but it was such a weird interaction that I didn't want to go back in.

3. Netflix not Connecting-- Stupid. Thankfully, Amazon instant video has my back tonight.

Now, the Good Things!

1. Getting my first package delivered- I have a real antennae now! I haven't gotten it out of the package yet, but it got here, which means other packages will also find their way to me.

2. Spending the day with Becca and Momma Wagner- They took me to an Italian restaurant (because Youngstown is super Italian) and then drove me around Boardman so I could see where everything was. Then I went to their house, so now I know how to get there!

3. Having chocolate/peanut butter cookies in my cupboard- Sure, the girlscouts do it best, but the cheap version of tagalongs are still delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment