Friday, November 7, 2014

November: Coming of Age Movies

Since November marks my month of new, big-girl type adventures, I decided it is totally appropriate to make this month's theme Coming of Age Movies. This was a little harder to set up as a list, so suggestions would be much appreciated!

Already Viewed:

Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky, 2012) I will never stop loving this movie. It is so perfectly sincere and honest and everything teenagers need to know, without being overly dramatic or boring.
Stuck in Love (Josh Boone, 2012) I didn't expect to even watch the whole thing, and instead I ended up loving it. If you're in the mood for a predictable but light, family-friendly romantic drama, this is it.
Palo Alto (James Franco, 2013) Blech. Go home, James Franco. This has "I am so smart give me an award" all over it.


Potential November Flicks:

Stand By Me (Rob Reiner, 1986) I've seen pieces before, but it's one of the "traditional" coming-of-ages, which is not as popular with the IMDB list-making crowd.
Rebel without a Cause (Nicholas Ray, 1955)
The Karate Kid (John G. Avildsen, 1984) I know, how have I gone this long without seeing it?
Say Anything (Cameron Crowe, 1989)
The Spectacular Now (James Ponsoldt, 2013) This was consistently on every list I looked at for coming-of-age movies, even more than Breakfast Club.
Reality Bites (Ben Stiller, 1994)
The Virgin Suicides (Sofia Coppola, 1999) I loved the book, and this has been on my watch list for a while.
Kicking and Screaming (Noah Baumbach, 1995)
High Fidelity (Stephen Frears, 2000)


So, that's November! Let me know if you have suggestions to add!

No comments:

Post a Comment