1) Neil Patrick Harris- He would bring the best cameos, he can sing, dance, and act, and (I think) he has the kind of humor that could bring whimsical joy for a holiday special. Plus, he is loved both as a person and as his characters. And he does magic tricks.
2) Jimmy Fallon- All for the same reason. He has both talent and personality, and the spirit to make almost anything fun and silly. My parents vote him to #1 because they think he has a warmer personality for a family-friendly holiday. He would also have some rocking cameos.
3) Ben Folds- Because it seems like variety shows are more often done by musical artists, and I was struggling to think of one that fit all the criteria (talent, public personality, fun to watch). After being one of the judges for The Sing Off, I think he's a public enough figure that people would be into it, and watching someone play piano is always more fun than watching someone play guitar. Plus, he has that casual Nashville Superstar vibe going for him.
- My parents think that if we were country music people, we would also probably include Garth Brooks, but I don't know anything about him. Isn't there another country music hunk everyone loves right now that visits kids with cancer and dances with little girls on stage? That's definitely someone. He's probably good too, if you like that kind of thing (maybe he already has one and I didn't know).
4) Zooey Daschenal- I give up, I like her. I already sort of identify her as a holiday person after Elf, and she can sing and act. She is disarmingly adorable in her "I'm stuck in the 1950s" kind of way.
Also, I was just annoyed I couldn't think of more women I would want to see (I purposely didn't include Tina and Amy--at some point, it would just be a series of SNL specials) and I don't think Anna Kendrick will be as timeless as I'd like. Who are the talented women that can sing and act and are a timelessly family-friendly public figure?
Is there a job somewhere that includes only writing Christmas Variety Shows? Maybe I'll just write the shows, and then once I become super successful and famous I'll call these people up and let them know the work is already done.




No comments:
Post a Comment