Monday, December 15, 2014

Top 5 Songs that Make me Weepy

5. Lua- Bright Eyes; Ok, just read the lyrics. This song is sad. If I'm being honest, probably something like 60% of Bright Eyes songs make me cry, or at least really sad the rest of the day.


4. For Good- Cast of Wicked; We sang this at Zeta events, and as a senior it was bittersweet. The same goes for Feels like Home. It's nostalgic and reminds me of people I love. Sometimes I got through it without crying just because everyone expected a senior zeta to cry, and I was too stubborn. Most of the time I just cried with my roommate about having to leave everyone.


3. Fix You- Coldplay; I'm not really much of a coldplay person, but this probably belongs even further up the list. It's so overplayed though, so now it's just sad instead of weep-inducing. The same goes for "How to Save a Life" by The Fray-- that song still makes me cry too, it just gets played so often that I wouldn't have been able to listen to the radio for all of 2005 if I hadn't tuned it out. 



2.Baby Mine- Dumbo Soundtrack; I can't explain it. Mom used to sing it to me when I was little, I remember that much, but as a child with separation anxiety I cannot think of anything sadder than this scene. Look at all the cute animals with their mom! A mother's love is so special! Sorry Dumbo, your mom is in jail. I'm crying right now just rewatching it.


1. Safe and Sound -Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars; This came out of the first Hunger Games movie, and in that context, I cannot get through the 10 seconds without crying. It probably never would have made my radar, but as a song that connects Katniss' empathy for Peeta, Prim, and Rue, it kills me. I will not apologize for strong feelings represented by fictional characters.


****edit:
I'm not sure which this one bumps or where it belongs in the lineup, but the mother's version of La Vie en Rose from HIMYM. Admittedly I'm already crying at the end of that episode, but even listening in the car it is impossible for me to sing along without choking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment