Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

I say it in a bitter way, but really I do like to appreciate what I have. I think there's a lot of value in that. I believe in a holiday that celebrates giving thanks.

But I hate Thanksgiving. Nothing says peace and friendship like taking over someone's home and murdering them. Nothing says "giving thanks" like celebrating Black Friday. And I don't like food.

It's just not really my holiday.

But! Since I do like giving thanks, there are some shout outs I need to make:

1. Becca, Deeg, and Kuz- the best friends and roommates a girl could ask for, I've had way too many good and bad times with them. I realize next year we'll all go our separate ways so I want to try to soak up as much time with them I can.

2. My family- we're all so close with each other, and I know I can always get support from them, even when I don't want it. Also, my mom always makes me spaghetti when I'm home because she knows it's my favorite.

3. My new attitude- I won't say that there's a lack of drama in my life, but I don't care nearly as much as I used to. That's a nice feeling.

4. Peppermint Mochas, and a coffee place that's open late. And a library that's open even later. And having so much of my homework for finals done already.

5. The easy access I have to books! I'm finally getting back into my list, and I'm going to plow through it as much as I can.

Hopefully I'll have time through the week to add 5 more every day! I'm working a lot, so maybe I'll throw in a "crazy shit customers have done" post as well.

I believe in giving thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment