Monday, November 17, 2014

Things Making me Happy Today

1. Felix Alfeo (see post below). Also, having people in your life to share huge moments like this. I love family, and I love moments like these that make everything change in the best way and bring people together. I love the people that aren't family (but still are) and share these moments-- when you tell your coworkers that there's a new baby in the family, they're mildly interested, but when you tell your best friend and highschool sweetheart, they are genuinely happy and understand these moments. Alec and Burt, thanks for knowing my life and sharing my joy.

2. Little Girls Selling Homemade Gifts-- These group of sisters were going door to door to sell pinecones that smell like cinnamon and have christmas glitter all over them. I loved it. They made them themselves to sell for a church project (their church is right beside our apartment complex), and now my apartment smells like the holidays.

3. Carl Harrison is the new president of Theta Chi- There is a pride that comes only from having experienced the struggle of being on an exec board for greek life. Being the boss of your friends is tough, and it is a job I would not wish on my darkest enemy, but he is going to do great things and will have such a great experience. I hope that he calls me in the middle of the night to vent about it the way I did to him.

One of the important lessons we learned on Exec was that while you should be able to say "thank you" to your chapter for the experiences and lessons, you should also be able to say "you're welcome" after making it better than you found it. So cheers to Harrison for putting himself into a position that will allow him to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment