Anyway, I just finished another of his books, "When You Are Engulfed in Flames," which follows his journey with quitting smoking, his neighbors in France, and how he and his partner decided to move to Japan. His is one that can't be captured in a few quotes; he has perfected the craft of extending a story without making it dull. He's the anti-twitter. So with that in mind, here are some quotes that don't necessarily represent the comedy of the book, but I still loved anyway:
“Sometimes the sins you haven't committed are all you have left to hold onto.”
“The things I've bought from strangers in the dark would curl your hair.”
“The bow tie is like the pierced eyebrow of the Republican party.”
The important thing is that you go out and get an audiobook or a youtube video of him reading one of his stories, because the man is hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment