1. Under the Skin - Michel Faber
Just finished this-- a good quick read, but really bizarre. Not Sci Fi, not horror-- not quite sure what to compare it to. It deals with compassion and empathy and power all while mirroring our own farming industry. I wouldn't say it turned me into a vegetarian, but it is an interesting examination in how we define our moral codes.
"Shared suffering, she’d found, was no guarantee of intimacy.”
2. Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
Started this yesterday, and it seems like I should blow through it pretty quickly. It deals with the struggles of finding your identity after graduating when everyone around you seems like they have their adult lives figured out, so it's pretty fitting for my mood as of late.
3. The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner
Hoping to finally start a Southern Grotesque book club, and I think this is probably the first we should tackle.
4. Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
What should #5 be? Something young adult, maybe? Me and Earl and the Dying Girl was on my list, as was If I Stay. I'm embarrassed to admit that I will be reading Grey when it comes out on the 18th, but surely it doesn't count as my 5 in June.
No comments:
Post a Comment