I feel like I've been neglecting my blog lately; not because I haven't been writing in it, that's not a big deal, but because I've had things that I've wanted to write about and I just never got to it. So, I'll give the condensed version, and hopefully the craziness that is Beginning Another Semester of College will settle.
1. Politics- I know that everyone is sick of the adds and the facebook posts, but I will say this- Having an opinion, even one about an issue that isn't entirely accurate, and being passionate about that opinion- that's beautiful to me. I love seeing people get inspired by a certain issue. From a voting standpoint, obviously it's important to be informed, but just as a person who cares- even if you think Obama is going to start killing the firstborn son in every family- it's awesome for me to see people being so vocal about their views. Cut out the part where it's about a candidate, and what you really see is an individual with a strong concern for a certain cause. Even if its polar opposite of yours, you can, if nothing else, recognize the faith and commitment a person has to this belief. I think it's so rare to find people willing to share some of their core values, and to be so firm in them, and I like that it gets brought out now.
2. English Majors- I am one. I haven't broken up with my communications advisor yet, so I'm currently double majoring, but I'll get to it soon. That will leave me with some nice chunks of empty space that I can fill with gender studies classes and sign language and everything else I wanted to learn while at college. Incidentally, I start guitar lessons on Tuesday, which I am pretty excited for.
3. Apartment Living- is hard sometimes. Lots to clean, I need to go grocery shopping, and there are more responsibilities as roommates. I miss living on the section, but I'm still really really glad I decided to move out. I think this is good for me. Also, it helps enforce the idea that I have a home, thereby making it acceptable for me to stay in it and feel at home.
So those are the main things, before I forget them.
I believe in responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment