Phew. Made it!
After finals I had a leadership retreat, so I really just finished this afternoon. I'm almost done cleaning up the apartment and getting everything finished, and so this 10 minute break to sit and watch the news and get back to my blog is incredibly welcomed. It's nice to not have to worry about a million things.
(Although, as soon as I say that, my brain starts frantically searching for anything I might have forgotten. The schoolwork is over, but I still have to make sure I'm prepared for the internship, two jobs in Berea, and two jobs in Franklin. I am not looking forward to filing taxes this year!)
This was a rough semester, but in a good way. In a lot of ways, actually. I made it the whole way through without any safety net; I took a bunch of classes I was NOT enthusiastic about, and really struggled with; I learned to make friends without greek life; I started taking my writing seriously, and thinking about a future; I got in real trouble, and found my way out of it. I persevered, even when I didn't want to.
I'm still not comfortable. But I also don't think I'm uncomfortable enough. So next semester, I'll try more new things. I'd like to make some healthier choices. Read a few more books, and cut back on my social media. Keep a positive attitude. Be a leader.
Next semester, academically, will be rough. I'm on credit overload and the majority of my classes are literature based. But I'll remember that I love reading, and I chose my major because it's something I want to do the rest of my life. I'll have more responsibilities in my extra-curriculars; we changed how we're doing the yearbook this year, and I'm vice president of ZTA, which is going to be a serious commitment. But again, I'll need to remind myself that I love working on the yearbook, and that I'm passionate about ZTA and empowering women through my position. I'm going to do some serious good next semester.
So this semester was hard, but I did it.
I believe I can make it through next semester, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment