Friday, May 3, 2013

Nostalgic for Summer...

Ever have one of those songs that you listened to way too many times, in a really short period of time? Panic at the Disco's second album makes me think of my trip to DC in high school. Every time I hear Fall out Boy, I  think of my vacation to North Carolina. There are songs for people, obviously- but the songs for a place, and a time, are what really stick. Of Monsters and Men are the soundtrack to Europe, and I can't hear City and Colour without thinking of my dorm freshman year.

I was thinking about summer, and what a struggle it was- but the moments of peace, those are what stick. My mom taught me a long time ago- you forget pain. The feeling will go away, and you'll only have a vague memory of what was going on. But happiness, contentness, being at peace- that sticks with you forever.

I don't know if I always believe that (I'm pretty sure when she first told me that, it was in reference to child bearing), but I do know that I can hold on to those good moments and ignore the bad. Which is why I like listening to this song. It's my song of summer, my moment of peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment