Sunday, August 9, 2015

Some things for this Week/Month

1) Busy weekends - It seems like I've been running around a lot with all sorts of commitments, which is a good thing, but I miss having a lazy day once and a while. More importantly, I miss having someone to spend lazy days with. How long after graduating college until I stop missing college?

2) Keeping Motivated - No matter how busy I stay, the more bored I seem to get! Maybe it's because my projects are things like building bed frames and ordering a mattress and finding a new optometrist.

3) Trying New Things- I started a new show, I started a new book, I went back to the gym, I'm practicing cooking! All this feels like a dejavu of when I first moved here and didn't know what to do with myself. Can you backslide out of adulthood? For a while there I really feel like I had it worked out, but at some point I started going backwards.

I think maybe I'm frustrated that I haven't made more progress for the effort I've put in. I took an online class, I started dating a guy (boo, bad idea), I made more of an effort to get out of the apartment. All those things you do to settle in a new home. But it's been almost a year later, and I think I was happier when I was just marathoning Arrow and having popcorn for dinner.

I will say that the bright side of all this is having the english majors all back together again-- not physically, but putting us all on the same side of adulthood has made it a lot easier to stay connected. And my zeta family remains closer than ever. So for all the loneliness, I am luckier than most in that I got to keep all those very important people even when we all went separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment