Friday, January 11, 2013

Seriously Bad Day; 5 Things

I'm going to take a page from my cousin, and list some things that I like about today. Because otherwise, it has been absolutely dreadful. I am probably the most miserable white, american, middle class college student  in mostly perfect health. BUT, instead of wallowing, here are 5 things I'm happy about today!

1. That all my problems can be solved with money- my grandpa taught me this one. Sure, it's money I don't have, but it is an otherwise easy solution. If I'm stranded on a desert island, money will do me no good, so I need to remember to be thankful that none of my problems are so complex that they require anything but money.

2. That I have a faculty advisor for my research proposal- It was so last minute, and I was sure that I was going to have to give up on summer scholar's, but Andy came through for me. We're meeting tomorrow to go over my application. It doesn't mean that I'll get in, but at least I can get this far.

3. I made blue jello before I left for Tennessee. Good decision, past Paige. Future Paige was very grateful.

4. Deeg took me to panera and was uncharacteristically nice to me today, without trying to solve any of my problems. I hate when people do that, and when I'm grouchy usually he's the first person I gravitate towards (partly because I know if I say something mean, he won't care anyway), but I appreciated his sensitivity.

5. I'm bringing a friend from SIE to visit another SIE friend while she bartends! I didn't want to go by myself, and I thought I was going to have to scrap the idea, but then last minute I found John. I love catching up with people I haven't seen in a while, and I especially love when plans work out, so it should be a fun time.


For as many crummy things happened the last few days, I've had a lot of surprises that were exactly what I needed. So here's to more of those moments.

I believe in looking forward to those surprises.


No comments:

Post a Comment