Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Post-College Anxieties

I've avoided blogging lately because I just can't seem to keep a positive attitude. The past two weeks I've just felt exhausted and overwhelmed and grumpy, and while I've been trying to maintain some type of personality my friends are still willing to tolerate, I haven't felt like putting much energy into anything beyond that.

So instead of trying to overcome this weird mood, I'm just going to make a list and hope it all goes away.

5 Things Freaking Me Out About Post-Grad Life:

1. I never joined the radio station. In highschool, I always pictured myself getting really involved in broadcasting stuff. When I started touring colleges, I put the ones with radio stations and tv studios higher on my list and ignored ones without. I never set foot in BW's radio station. The closest I ever got was meeting Bayside while one of my sisters from WBWC interviewed them.

2. I picked the wrong major-- I should have stuck with PR, or added broadcasting, or film. I shouldn't have a minor in communication. I should have committed to a double major. Freaking hindsight.

3. Missing People- I miss my roommates like crazy. Becca challenged me, Deeg molded me out of being a dainty flower, and Tyler was the most infallible cure for my introversion. Not only do I miss them, but it hurts knowing that this time next year I will also feel this way about Kayse and Mitch and Alex and Ryan. I'm worrying about missing people that I still have a month with. Talk about premature anxiety.

4. I don't speak any Dutch- I keep fooling myself that I will find time to make it happen, or that I will magically learn in May, or that it won't matter. I bought myself 3 months of access to Rosetta Stone, but I'm not feeling better about this.

5. HIMYM ended- You know how the 3rd toy story really encapsulated our childhood and how we all felt being adults now? That's how I feel about college and HIMYM. I started watching in college, and now it is over. No more slap bets, high fives, slutty pumpkins, or yellow umbrellas. I need for all my comfort zones to stay put, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment