But it was tough. I was the kind of sick that turns you into a baby, and that combined with some medication issues and living all alone was a real bummer. And by "bummer," I mean I cried a lot. I never used to do that, and I need to knock it off, so I'm calling this week the end of the cry-baby period.
Sometimes I get caught up in focusing on my scarcities, and I forget to recognize what I am not without. You live with what you don't have, and maybe sometimes you miss it and maybe sometimes you never had it. But you can live with anything.
I did not have my friends. But I had Mitch checking in on me, always offering to share my burdens and push me to inspiration (seriously, he should be a life coach). I didn't have my parents, but my mom checked in on me every hour via facetime. My dad came by after work one night to bring me things I needed. My aunt sent me a package, which is such an awesome thing to come home to. My grandmother wrote me a two-page letter. I walked through my anxieties with Tyler and like always, he cheered me up.
I would like to have more of these people in my life. I'm ready to proactively make new friends in my area, meet new people, and start making connections. I think winter is a good time to hunker down, start at a new place, and get comfortable living on your own-- and I've done that. But now I want to plan for spring. I am ready to have adventures with new people and gain perspectives and share stories.
I believe in moving forward.
I believe in moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment