Monday, February 2, 2015

Style Inspirations for the Winter Workwear


I love my skater skirts/a-line dresses, but I've been playing around with what tops go with which skirt. Patterns on top, or bottom? Three quarter sleeves are more of my thing, but I'm starting to love the big sleeves that slim at the wrist. I also love the lace on the bottom of this one, but it may be more for spring. 

I also love my green pants, but they've been retired for a while because I've been sticking to more feminine outfits for work. I like the simplicity with the white collared shirt, and I think maybe with the right statement necklace this could be less of the Katniss look I get when I usually wear my army green and brown. 



I still haven't gotten this one right. I love the belted cardigan over the dress, but I can't seem to get the right length-- this looks cute if you're standing still, but once you start walking the cardigan starts pulling the dress up or just swallows it all so I look more boho than anything. 


The long shirt with leggings and boots is fairly classic, but I my riding boots are just a little too tall for me and I end up more stumpy than anything. I think maybe this is just a body shape thing-- I have some socks for my boots to peek out like these, but they always seem too tight on my calves. Maybe this is something I'll have to revisit once I lose some of the weight, but when it's slushy outside I always prefer tall boots. Plus, I hate wearing my usual jeans that get soaked with snow and leave my feet wet the rest of the day. 


I love this color combination-- I tried to mimic it with a new green dress I bought, but it isn't a dark enough green so again, it looks far too springy and looks silly with the blue. Finding the right green is tough, I've decided. I do have the cardigan and shoes, so maybe I just need to pair it with one of my green shirts that gets closer to the right contrast and go for darkwash jeans or something more neutral. 


No comments:

Post a Comment