When I was in college, I got a lot of care packages from my family with goofy toys, candy, and craft kits. I loved it. Now that I'm an "adult" I still get care packages and fun things in the mail, but instead of mac and cheese or peanut MnMs, my day is made by:
1) Candles - Tea lights, $5 from Kmart or $20 from Bath and Body Works, I love candles. There are probably only 5 or 10 minutes a day that I don't have a candle lit in my apartment (while I'm there and awake). I have candles specifically for the morning, I have candles for at night, I even have candles designated to different rooms. There must always be candles burning.
2) Loofahs - Did you know you're supposed to throw those suckers out every 4 weeks? They're nice for care packages because they aren't heavy and they double as a huge packing peanut.
3) Quarters - These are awful to send in the mail! It probably makes more sense to just send money in a card, but I can't do laundry with anything but quarters. And by the time I get home from work, the bank is already closed and I don't have a chance to exchange. But my coin jar is dangerously low for a person that likes to wear clean clothes.
4) Heartfelt Recipes - As a picky eater, I love getting recipes with notes like "I know you like eggs and have been trying to eat low carb, so try this!" As a picky eater, mostly it's just nice (but totally unexpected) when people remember what you do and don't like and have fun ideas for you to try.
5) Bubble Gum - Some things never change.
So thank you to all my family that continues to send me mail so I have something to look forward to when I get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment