At age 33 Cami Walker was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and the life she knew changed forever. Then, as a remedy for her condition, she received an uncommon prescription from a friend, an African medicine woman named Mbali Creazzo: Give away 29 gifts in 29 days. Cami was amazed by what unfolded during her month-long journey.
This isn't a book I would pick quotes out of; it's a book to live through every word. It's not spectacularly written by any means, but the message is an important one; to give, and live a life in awareness of your abundance, rather than to focus on your scarcity. To learn to appreciate the people in your life.
The book was just the first step in a movement of gift giving that started with this woman. Now you can join an online community and participate- almost like a "pay it forward" kind of program.
The book is a really quick read, but even if you don't have time to go through the whole thing- I would still urge you to check out the website and see what it's all about.
www.29gifts.org
I believe in giving.
No comments:
Post a Comment