Stargirl -Jerry Spinelli
“She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a cork board like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.”Divergent -Veronica Roth
“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”Harriet the Spy -Louise Fitzhugh
"Everything bored her. She found that when she didn't have a notebook it was hard for her to think. The thoughts came slowly, as though they had to squeeze through a tiny door to get to her, whereas when she wrote, they flowed out faster than she could put them down."Looking for Alaska -John Green (As if I could really pick just one quote...)
“It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things.”The Perks of Being a Wallflower -Stephen Chbosky
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”Wintergirls -Laurie Halse Anderson
“In one aspect, yes, I believe in ghosts, but we create them. We haunt ourselves.”Invisible Monsters -Chuck Palahniuk
“When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?”The Virgin Suicides -Jeffrey Eugenides
“Added to their loveliness was a new mysterious suffering, perfectly silent, visible in the blue puffiness beneath their eyes or the way they would sometimes stop in mid-stride, look down, and shake their heads as though disagreeing with life.”Slaughterhouse-Five -Kurt Vonnegut
"So it goes."
Edit: I can't believe I forgot Secret Life of Bees! I'm not going to add a quote, because you should just read the whole thing, but it needed to get at least an honorable mention.
No comments:
Post a Comment