For whatever reason, my instagram has not been working and I've fallen behind on my 100 happy days (and I've had zero motivation for blogging, so maybe we'll kill two birds with one stone).
14. Seeing Guardians of the Galaxy- Everyone kept telling me that this was going to be the best Marvel movie ever, and I originally had no interest in seeing it, so clearly something was going on that I missed. I think I was probably a victim to expectations, because while I liked it I didn't think it was any better than any other Marvel movie. I got to take my grandfather though, which was a nice bonus, and I think I've convinced him to watch Firefly as a result (because really, the best thing about GotG is that everyone is talking about Firefly again).
15. Getting my bodyfit band back together- I have a cheap version of a fitbit, but it does all the same things while being a sporty pink. I hadn't unpacked it from when I came home from college, but now that my life is all a big question I decided to start taking some of that stuff out (normally I just have a box of desk stuff that gets put in a corner, box of craft stuff, etc). Now I can keep track of my steps again!
16. Going shopping with mom- I had this awful moment of clarity when I realized that most everyone has a partner; a best friend, a boyfriend, a roommate, something. Even if it isn't someone you're enamored with, it's the person that you talk to instead of talking to yourself sometimes. I have my mother. Franklin is pretty sparse, my friends are all off to college or work, and it is pretty heartwrenchingly lonely. But then, I realized I was the luckiest unemployed lonely college grad in the world-- because Becky Greene is a pretty spectacular companion. Yesterday we went shopping for interview outfits, and went out to eat, and although I go days at a time seeing ONLY her (sure, Dad's around for a few hours at night, but mom and I are spending the majority of our time just us) I could not wish for better company. There is no one who will tolerate everything about you for weeks without break the way your mother can.
So, in short, I love going to the movies, walking is good for you, and hug your mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment