It's no secret that I love my media angsty and dark. And don't take this post the wrong way, because I am on a mission with my Halloween list (my grandmother gave me her boxed set of Alfred Hitchcock Classics tonight, so I have even more to add). I finally watched The Shining.
But dammmmn, that can bring you down.
I just finished re-reading Gone Girl. I've been doing tv recaps for Stalker and The Vampire Diaries (Julie Plec has Joss Whedon syndrome, apparently. This fan manipulation is getting old.) and American Horror Story started this week. I'm behind, but I've been watching Gotham.
My reading list doesn't look much more cheerful. Lolita and In Cold Blood are supposed to be next, once I finish Cuckoo's Calling.
Last year, Kayse and I had a semester of Noir Films and Fiction and Addiction novels, so at some point we just started calling for superhero days where we would unwind and watch something happy.
So, I need to find another one of those. Gossip Girl isn't really light and fun (actually, it's just as depressing but in a lot of other ways), and I can't watch HIMYM anymore because the finale just made the last few seasons of character development irrelevant. More Liz Lemon maybe? Some Leslie Knope? More importantly, are Tina and Amy always the answer?
No comments:
Post a Comment