Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Carpe DM 2014

I have at least three or four blog posts backed up that I'm going to try to finish up, so keep checking back because there might be three more by tomorrow. I don't know, it could get crazy. So apologies that this took a few days to sort out, but here are the pictures from Dance Marathon 2014!

I'll start with the most important:
We made the most per dancer than any other year! 
There were LOTS of Zetas involved, which made me proud, and the ones that weren't dancing came to visit. I don't think there were more than 2 hours that went by when we didn't have at least once zeta visitor to support us (and usually bring us food).


I was mostly upstairs doing food things, so I got a lot of really cool shots of everyone dancing. I'll also post a video of one of our dances, when I get a chance to upload it (at each DM, there are 10ish dances that everyone learns so at the end of the night we have one big choreographed dance party. It's like being in an 80s musical).


Of course, my favorite person came to visit me :) He even helped me carry heavy stuff from the union to the SAC, because he is a Manly Man. 


I spent a lot of time serving food to hungry people, and have lots of pictures of that, but it isn't all that exciting to see. But the girl in the tie-dye is my great-grandlittle, who joined Dance Marathon before she was a member of my family, and that's pretty exciting. It's nice to know that there will be sisters involved and passionate about DM after I leave.


Decorations. At the end of the 12 hours, all the streamers get cut and balloons are released on top of the dancers. 


This kids a champion. Kody (who is Kusz's little, and refers to me as his Aunt-- Greek life is weird) celebrated his 21st birthday the night before, and still came and danced with a great attitude for all 12 hours. 



Now it's all over! I feel really great about the whole experience, and I'm really thankful to everyone that helped make it happen. All of this was For the Kids, and as much as I love DM I can't wait to get to a generation that doesn't need it.

I believe that together, we can end pediatric AIDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment