This is all very important for a few reasons:
1. Cleveland having access to this is amaze-balls to me. I know I've been here for almost 4 years, but there's still a part of me that is used to the limited resources Franklin had (which, for a small town, was not all that limited. Barrow Civic Theater is boss). Being able to drive a half hour and spend $20 so that I can view a show that's being performed in Europe that easily costs 40-50 pounds is very exciting for me. They even had clips of the cast and director talking about the production before the show, which was also very cool. Tom Hiddleston plays the title character, and there were lots of other recognizable faces as well.
2. I had never read Coriolanus before, but it was very good. It's a tragedy, so you know how it will end, but I loved the characters and there were some awesome quotes I would love to have tattoos of (the highest form of praise). I don't usually love the political plays, but this one I did. If you have time to read it, I would highly suggest it. If not, here's the trailer (there's also a movie version with Gerard Butler, if that's more appealing).
3. I have really cool friends! Sure, we're going out for Kayse's birthday, but we were all more excited to see Shakespeare than to be at the bar. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good amaretto sour, but I love that British theater is getting more enthusiasm. Kayse and Alex were thrilled to see Tom Hiddleston in a see-through robe, and I enjoyed laughing at their giggling, and Ryan tolerated all of us like a champ. I wasn't sure I would ever find a group as compatible as the roommate team last year, but this english major group has made senior year worthwhile. I keep saying this, and it took longer than I wish it had, but I have finally found my people.
So, go read this if you haven't already, be excited about Cleveland and its treasures, and know that it is important to never stop searching for those people that are weird in all the ways you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment