2) in th Netherlands, Dora teaches English instead of Spanish, and speaks Dutch. So when I sang "come on, vamanos" they knew it! Also, I am realizing that there is some amazing dubbing on these Disney channel shows- there mouths are always moving or closed when they're supposed to be.
3) there is a Dutch translation for supercalafradgilisticexpealidocious. I'm sure that's not even how you spell it in English, so I won't try for the Dutch version, but yes. They have a different word with an equal amount of ridiculous syllables.
Unfun Fact:
I don't have time to write about it in detail, but I hope you are all following the plane that left from Amsterdam and was shot down in th Ukraine. 192 Dutch people were killed, and it is about them. No one here cares what the USA is saying, or doing, or how many Americans were on the plane (very few, less than 5) and we are not th center of the universe as our media would have us believe. This is a very small country and that was a lot of people to lose. This could be an act that leads into another Cold War, or another real war, and people here are thinking about if they need to leave the country. In the USA, we have the convenience of being geographically separated from almost everyone. In Europe, everyone has to worry about what's happening next door.
No comments:
Post a Comment