1) English TV with dutch subtitles-- Specifically MTV, TLC, the discovery channel, comedy central, and some of the Bravo trashy shows on a Nederlands channel. They don't dub movies or tv here except the Disney channel, so some of the stuff I would watch at home is available and still familiar. Last night I watched Titanic for the first time (I left before the end-- feeling sad enough without Leo's help).
2) Dutch Disney-- Holy wow is this bad. I'm assuming that these are the same shows that are on American television (I know I've seen H2O on netflix) but the bad acting really stands out when you can't understand what they're saying. There is also a show about a bunch of teenagers that work at a zoo, which I had trouble following; the episode I saw had a guy that seemed like he wasn't making friends because he was a farmer kid, and was lonely without his chickens, and then one night the other kids found him sleep-milking a cow. Like this boy had just sleep-walked (slept-walked?) into the barn and started milking a cow he found. I don't know how the episode was resolved, but the acting is equally as bad.
3) British TV-- There's the news and BBC, but also in this category is British TLC. I discovered "Snog Marry Avoid" the other day, and it's just a robot talking to a girl about what guys think of her and how she should change herself. Weirdness.
4) Dutch Soap Operas- Gold. I saw an episode where the girl in the wheelchair gets pushed out and left in the middle of the park, and then her friend runs dramatically to help her. Wheelchair girl just struggles around and won't let her help, and it's all very emotional. There is also a documentary that keeps getting played about dogs with cancer and the owners taking them to chemo therapy.
Anyways, there's always futbol on and plenty of channels, but I mostly watch when the family has the tv on. Haven't found a show for me yet, but I need to catch up on True Blood.
2) Dutch Disney-- Holy wow is this bad. I'm assuming that these are the same shows that are on American television (I know I've seen H2O on netflix) but the bad acting really stands out when you can't understand what they're saying. There is also a show about a bunch of teenagers that work at a zoo, which I had trouble following; the episode I saw had a guy that seemed like he wasn't making friends because he was a farmer kid, and was lonely without his chickens, and then one night the other kids found him sleep-milking a cow. Like this boy had just sleep-walked (slept-walked?) into the barn and started milking a cow he found. I don't know how the episode was resolved, but the acting is equally as bad.
3) British TV-- There's the news and BBC, but also in this category is British TLC. I discovered "Snog Marry Avoid" the other day, and it's just a robot talking to a girl about what guys think of her and how she should change herself. Weirdness.
4) Dutch Soap Operas- Gold. I saw an episode where the girl in the wheelchair gets pushed out and left in the middle of the park, and then her friend runs dramatically to help her. Wheelchair girl just struggles around and won't let her help, and it's all very emotional. There is also a documentary that keeps getting played about dogs with cancer and the owners taking them to chemo therapy.
Anyways, there's always futbol on and plenty of channels, but I mostly watch when the family has the tv on. Haven't found a show for me yet, but I need to catch up on True Blood.
No comments:
Post a Comment