I took these while I was riding my bike, so if some of them are fuzzy or you can't see what you want to, I'll take more later.
The town is called "Liempde" if you want to look it up on google maps; it takes us about 15 minutes to ride our bikes to school every morning. I didn't take pictures of the first 10 minutes, which are just farms.
I still haven't gotten comfortable enough to take more touristy pictures, so these were all sneaky. This isn't really a tourist area, and even though apparently everyone recognizes me as the new American Au Pair, I still try to keep a low profile.
The orange is in support of The World Cup, which has also helped with trying to find things to do with new friends; everyone is going somewhere to watch the games.
I don't think you can see any in these pictures, but people also hang bags or backpacks off of their flag poles as a sign that someone in the house graduated. It's a cute tradition.
This is the picture outside of their school: basically everyone shows up on bicycle and waits for the kids to rush out. It's a lot to absorb the first few times (and this is not even half the amount of parents that will be there by the time the bell rings, and only one of the two sides of the building) but I'm getting more familiar with everything.







No comments:
Post a Comment